Saturday, May 3, 2008

Transformation

Thanks for visiting Furniture Rejuvenation.

Every aspect of my work, whether it's related to my wood finishing profession or the counselling business I share with husband Richard, transformation is at the root of it all.

Transformation, especially of the visible kind, simply fascinates me. What IS transformation? A few words that come to mind include...

Metamorphosis...
Shape Shifting...
... meaning the change of an identity into an other.

In our counselling work, we help individuals change their limiting beliefs and held-in emotions to "unclutter" and align with new self and life positives.

In my furniture work, there is nothing quite as satisfying as seeing a tired, old piece of furniture be brought back to life using refinishing or rejuvenation techniques... seeing the dings disappear and the beautiful depth of colour and grain leap out before my eyes again.

Here's an example of a rejuvenation job I completed recently... an older table troubled by shoes having been put on the surface, as well as normal wear and tear to the legs. Table and chair legs are especially susceptible to dings.

BEFORE


AFTER

















“I never realized how tired and worn the coffee table I had been gifted with years before was getting until Carolyn worked on it. As you can see by the before and after pictures, the difference is dramatic and I am proud once more to have this piece front and center in my livingroom.”


Testimonial by Rob T. from Vancouver, B.C.


BEFORE

AFTER


Do you have a tired piece of furniture "with good bones" that needs a little "shape-shifting" transformation? More than likely, I can help out... and I'll be excited all over again at the thought of transformation through the magic of TLC.


Warmly, Carolyn Clarke
Furniture Rejuvenation Artist
604-885-8885


P.S. I appreciate being shared around, thanks.












No comments: