Monday, July 28, 2008

Chocolate Brown-Coloured Furniture Is "It" These Days!


Hi and welcome.

What an intensely busy few weeks I've had since I last wrote! I hope you're getting more time than I am to enjoy your summer. Mine has been filled with much concentrated work in our counselling business, at my other day job AND in my refinishing work. All good... I'm just a bit pooped out so I'll make this brief.


This blog post is really to brag... hope you don't mind. Below are photos of my latest furniture rejuvenation project. When I complete a furniture job and feel really good about it, I know I have done a good job. Being the perfectionist that I am, I am typically quick to find flaws with even some of my best work... not this time.


Before and after images definitely tell the story best of this diningroom suite. Stuck in "country mode" the owner of this table and chairs had me bring the table (and replacement square-shaped chairs) into the present age by darkening it to a brown-black, a now very popular colour ... all done over the old finish (which was in beautiful condition).


Have a look...


It's hard to tell that this is even the same table... but it IS!

(The chairs, which were also originally in the light oak colour also turned out richly gorgeous!)

P.S. This cost $750 vs. the $1500 - 1800 it would have cost to completely strip and refinish.

I can do this to update your "stuck-in-the-past" furniture... talk to me about it!

Warmly, Carolyn
your Furniture Rejuvenator
604-885-8885


No comments: